We have the honour to invite you to join your peers and subject matter experts at EUROMAT2019, to be held in Stockholm, the capital of Sweden, from 1 – 5 September, 2019.
EUROMAT is the premier international congress in the field of materials science and technology in Europe. The EUROMAT2019 congress venue will be the Stockholm City Conference Centre, www.stoccc.se, conveniently situated in the city center of Stockholm only a few minutes’ walk from the Grand central station of Stockholm and the high speed train connection to Arlanda airport.
Stockholm, the capital of Sweden and Scandinavia, is probably one of the most beautiful capitals of the world and at the same time, the country of Sweden, -as everybody knows today – guarantees a very well planned and organized conference with the guests and participants in focus during a week in the late summer/beginning of fall.
Sweden has a long tradition in manufacturing and application of advanced materials. Materials Science is therefore an important field of research and technological development in Sweden with involvement of both academia and industry. Being the host for EUROMAT2019, the Swedish Society for Materials Technology (SFMT) has the vision to:
- Facilitate a programme where academia, research institutes and industry can meet and exchange ideas and provide information on the latest scientific development.
- Promote involvement of top universities and researchers in materials science including special contribution from large scale facilities like MAXIV in Lund
- Demonstrate efficient knowledge transfer between research and its application through the active involvement of research institutes on Sweden like RISE and Swerea
- Develop the involvement of Nordic countries in FEMS and EUROMAT
- Strengthen the EUROMAT2019 concept through its co-operation with Royal Academy of Engineering Sciences, The Swedish Steels Producer ́s Association (JERNKONTORET), National Innovation Programmes, Excellence Initiatives in Materials Science, Funding Bodies and International Partners
We look forward to seeing you in Stockholm at EUROMAT 2019
On behalf of the Scientific and Management Committees
PRESIDENT, Swedish Society for Materials Technology, SFMT
Dates: 1-5 September 2019
Dates: Stockholm, Sweden